Friday, March 31, 2017

Invade the World



So says Murray Rothbard.  Shocking, I know.  I may have to rethink my views of the man.


Rothbard seems to have swallowed every neocon and left-liberal reason for US intervention:

Is someone starving somewhere, however remote from our borders?  That’s a problem for our national interest. Is someone or some group killing some other group anywhere in the world?  That’s our national interest.  Is some government not a “democracy" as defined by our liberal-neocon elites?  That challenges our national interest.  Is someone committing Hate Thought anywhere on the globe?  That has to be solved in our national interest.

I am flabbergasted.  I will leave Rothbard to bury himself in this thinking; I will comment no further until the conclusion (assuming I can contain my rage until then).

OK, the time has come to get tough and to get consistent.  Sanctions are simply the coward's and the babbler's halfway house to war.  We must face the fact that there is not a single country in the world that measures up to the lofty moral and social standards that are the hallmark of the U.S.A.

… I make a Modest Proposal for the only possible consistent and coherent foreign policy: the U.S. must, very soon, Invade the Entire World!

Arrrghhh!!!  It is proving difficult to contain my anger.

A few isolationist, narrow-minded, selfish, callous, and probably anti-Semitic gripers, however, are bound to complain.

I can’t take much more of this.

But what about the Getting Out Party?  What about our universal experience that when U.S. troops get out, the whole aid, infrastructure, etc. go down the drain?  The solution is simple, though it has been far over- looked because some narrow-minded selfish fascist stick-in-the-muds will raise a fuss.  The solution: We Don't Get Out!  Ever.

And of course there are always narrow-minded, backward, selfish dogmatists, who will balk at this program, and claim that it is too "costly:” There are always a few rotters who know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

And how does Rothbard end this ode to the neocons?

How do we derail this trend?  How do we Take it Out?

Wait a minute…what’s Rothbard saying?

There is both an anti-war and paleo-grassroots ferment in this country that is heartwarming.

Huh?  Was Rothbard pulling my leg?

Meantime, the least we at Triple R can do is accelerate the Climate of Hate in America, and hope for the best.

Conclusion

Mmmm.  I thought my sarcasm was heavy.

4 comments:

  1. You are talking about the playwright that created Mozart Was A Red
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIk5C2qsRH8&ytbChannel=evilsceptic

    Whatever happened to Libertarians with a sense of humor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gold.

    Going to have to download that book. I am sure I have read some of the articles before when I used to plumb through the Rothbard-Rockwell report, but I hadn't read that and its funny as hell.

    Best line: [A few isolationist, narrow-minded, selfish, callous, and probably anti-Semitic gripers, however, are bound to complain.]

    LMAO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UC, especially you might appreciate he dialogue here:

      https://www.menofthewest.net/non-agression-nonsense/

      Delete