Saturday, October 8, 2016

I Must Have Been Dreaming



This morning, while still groggy-eyed, I had a hazy memory – a vision, a dream?  I am not sure.  I recall something about every news outlet – CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times, etc. – coming out strongly with a very new proposition: “any politician who has a history of saying rude things about woman, degrading women in some manner, having sex with interns, cheating on their spouse, etc., is unfit for office.”

In my dream – because I still can’t believe it to be true – one-by-one, the mainstream media called them out by name; one-by-one the people demanded a recall.  Fully 99.5% of elected offices were vacated within a week.  Further, very few could be found to replace them: it turns out the characteristics of abusive sex, drugs, booze, crude behavior and rude or vulgar comments are almost directly correlated with the desire to rule over other people’s lives.

Anyway, that was my dream – well, I think it was a dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment